- Prescott becomes a Program City for Arizona Sales TaxJanuary 11, 20170
All Prescott and other cities’ sales taxes ...
- HAPPY NEW YEAR - Important Announcements for EmployersJanuary 10, 20170
HAPPY 2017! This letter was sent to all ...
- CITY OF PRESCOTT BUSINESS LICENSE REGISTRATION – MANDATORY AS OF 1/1/17January 5, 20170
CITY OF PRESCOTT BUSINESS LICENSE REGISTRATION – ...
- New Law "Cures" Small Employer Health Insurance DilemnaDecember 27, 20160
eTax Alert™ (Provided by Western CPE) New Law ...
- 2017 Government BriefsThis page contains the AICPA Government briefs released in 2017.
- 2016 Government BriefsThis page contains the AICPA Government briefs released in 2016.
- Business & Industry Executive Committee (BIEC)To consider global issues relating to AICPA relations with its members in business and industry, provide direction to the Business and Industry Resource Center, identify future trends and issues to be addressed, ensure proper representation of business and industry members on AICPA council, board
- CGMA Advisory Task ForceAn executive level subcommittee of GPAC that will serve as an advocate and innovator for the development, testing and support of CGMA Government products (Briefs, articles, tools, etc.) for those working in government.
- ERM Task ForceThe AICPA Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Task Force was formed to streamline current, relevant information on the AICPA website and consolidate the information in a useful, user-friendly manner for those working in Business, Industry & Government.
- Outstanding CPA in Government 2011 Award Winner- Local Level: John McCormac, CPAJohn McCormac, CPA is the Outstanding CPA in Government 2011 award winner for the local leve.
- Outstanding CPA in Government 2011 Award Winner- Federal Level: Jeanette Franzel, CPAJeanette Franzel, CPA is the Outstanding CPA in Government 2011 Award winner for the federal level.
- Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC)2016-2017 AICPA Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC) Committee
- Outstanding CPA in Government Awards 2016The AICPA Outstanding CPA in Government Awards recognize the achievements of individual CPAs employed in government at the local, state and federal levels. Through their accomplishments, award recipients and nominees demonstrate the importance and contribution of CPA skills and competencies to the
- 2016 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award Winner: Sam M. McCall, PhD, CPA, CGMA, CGFM, CIA, CGAP, CIG2016 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award Winner: Sam M. McCall
- Tax Identity Theft Information and ToolsIdentity theft is a growing area of concern for taxpayers and practitioners. The AICPA has created this page to provide members with information about preventing identity theft, including tips to provide clients, and steps to take if it occurs.
- Tax Season Resources for CPAsGet a quick-reference list of all key resources for accountants to use for the tax busy season. Utilize effective tools and resources for the current filing season.
- Tax Section Webcast ArchivesTax Section webcasts, presentation slides, and handouts are archived and available for Tax Section members to watch on-demand (without CPE) for one year following the live event.
- New Tax Return Due Dates Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)2016 is rapidly drawing to a close, which means it is time to gear up for the 2017 filing season. There are many uncertainties about what is coming on the tax horizon, but on the bright side, we are not waiting on an extender bill for 2016 tax law. So at least the speculation on […]
- Was 2016 a Good Year for Tax and Tax Practitioners?CPAs can again look forward to a punctual beginning for tax season with a reasonable amount of certainty about tax laws affecting returns and, perhaps, improved IRS service. Practitioners started 2016 with the knowledge that expiring provisions were alive, as they had been signed in December,
- Breaking ACA News That Will Impact Upcoming Filing RequirementsAlthough the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the related information reporting provisions have been in place for a couple of years, the rules continue to change. Practitioners need to stay on top of these ongoing developments.
- 10 Practical Tips to Secure Your Firm's NetworkAs the 2017 filling season rapidly approaches, now is an excellent time to review your firm’s cybersecurity practices. In today’s world, no information is safe, so you owe it to your clients to assure them that you are doing everything you can to protect their data. This article provides 10
- Using IRS E-ServicesWebpage providing guidance and resources about IRS E-Services tools.
- Section 7216 Guidance and ResourcesFinal Treasury Regulations on rules and consent requirements relating to the disclosure or use of tax return information by tax return preparers became effective Dec. 28, 2012.
- Checklists2015 tax checklists that are part of the annual compliance kit
Schutte & Hilgendorf, a Prescott CPA firm, is a full service professional accounting firm that specializes in audit, accounting, and taxes for individuals, companies, non-profit entities, homeowner’s associations. We are part of the successor to a long established local accounting firm which has served its clients in Prescott for more than 35 years.
At Schutte & Hilgendorf, we engage with our clients to address their challenges and achieve their business objectives. Our accounting, audit, and tax professionals are trusted advisors to premier companies, HOAs, and individuals in the Prescott area and beyond. Our daily focus is our clients’ secure growth in increasingly complex times.
We are committed to delivering exceptional service. We are known for a straightforward personal approach and customized solutions to meet the evolving issues clients face.
We are capable, personable, and accessible. We strive to find the most efficient ways of doing things and welcome new technologies.
We service all of Yavapai County including Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey, Chino Valley, Verde Valley, Flagstaff and Sedona.
Our services include:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Tax preparation and planning
- Audits, Reviews, Compilations
- QuickBooks Startup/Consulting
- Live payroll, payroll tax preparation and filings
- Sales Taxes and filings
- Industry Specializations, including:
- Non-Profit/ 501 (c) Organizations
- Homeowners Associations
- Yellow Book and Single Audits:
- Our links