- Charitable Solicitations - What is Required in Arizona and Other StatesNovember 6, 20150
We have been asked by our clients ...
- Misclassifying Workers as Independent Contractors Can Be A Costly MistakeSeptember 29, 20150
Using independent contractors in your business can ...
- Business, Industry and Government Webcast SeriesSee the latest CGMA-themed webcasts offered to designation-holders at free or discounted prices.
- Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC)2015-2016 AICPA Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC) Committee
- Business & Industry Executive Committee (BIEC)To consider global issues relating to AICPA relations with its members in business and industry, provide direction to the Business and Industry Resource Center, identify future trends and issues to be addressed, ensure proper representation of business and industry members on AICPA council, board
- 2015-Government-BriefsThis page contains the AICPA Government briefs released in 2015.
- 2015 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Leah Nikaidoh2015 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Leah L. Nikaidoh, CPA
- ERM ResourcesThe AICPA has numerous resources to help members learn more about ERM and share with their senior management and staff. In addition, COSO has several important resources for CPAs. Available resources are listed below. AICPA Products-
- 2015 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Local Level: Anne P. Harty2015 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Local Level: Anne P. Harty, CPA
- Outstanding CPA in Government Awards 2015The winners of the 2015 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award and the Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award were announced at the AICPA Governmental Accounting and Auditing Update Conference on August 10, 2015. The Outstanding CPA in Government Career
- 2015 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award Winner, Wendy M. Payne, CPA, CGFM2015 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award Winner, Wendy M. Payne, CPA, CGFM
- 2015 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, State Level: Jacob W. Flournoy, CPA, CGMA, CIA, CISA, CFEJacob Flournoy, Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, State Level
- Tax Practitioners: Beware Current IRS E-Services Phishing ScamIt has come to our attention that a fraudulent email (see sample below) is being issued to tax preparers asking them to update their e-Services information. This email WAS NOT generated by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Wait! What? It’s Time for Year-End Tax PlanningWhen I hear the phrase “year-end tax planning,” I often think of the NPR show, “Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!” Then, my sentiment that rings so very true is: “Wait! What? Goodness, where did the year go?” For us as tax professionals, it seems that no sooner does our traditional fall busy season
- IRS Testing W-2 Verification Code for Filing Season 2016For filing season 2016, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will test a capability to verify the authenticity of Form W-2 data. This test is one in a series of steps to combat tax-related identity theft and refund fraud.
- ACA - What's New?The Affordable Care Act (ACA) continues to be an emerging area for taxpayers and the practitioners that serve them. With new rules and reporting forms, practitioners need to stay abreast of the changes.
- Tax News from the National Tax Conference (Some of it was Good)By now, you’ve probably heard that the IRS Commissioner John Koskinen announced at the AICPA National Tax Conference that tax season could be delayed if Congress doesn’t renew expired provisions by the end of November.
- Gearing Up for Tax SeasonThe November Tax Practice Monthly topic was Gearing Up for Tax Season. Speakers, Ami Oppe and Mike Crisler, currently serve on the AICPA Tax Practice Management Committee and are experts on many areas of tax season practice management. Both of them wanted to share their experiences and offer up
- Expanding Current Partnership with CIMA Would Amplify Profession’s Voice in AdvocacyTax Section Newsletter article about the expansion of the current partnership with CIMA and how it would amplify the profession
- A Note from Ed Karl, VP - TaxationHolidays are right around the corner and it feels like we want to put our feet up! But with so much going on in Washington, that’s just not going to happen. Changes in congressional leadership, a budget agreement, work on the highway funding bill, fiscal-year 2016
- Tax Season Resources for AccountantsGet a quick-reference list of all key resources for accountants to use for the tax busy season. Utilize effective tools and resources for the current filing season.
- Tax Identity Theft Information & ToolsIdentity theft is a growing area of concern for taxpayers and practitioners. The AICPA has created this page to provide members with information about preventing identity theft, including tips to provide clients, and steps to take if it occurs.
Schutte & Hilgendorf, a Prescott CPA firm, is a full service professional accounting firm that specializes in audit, accounting, and taxes for individuals, companies, non-profit entities, homeowner’s associations. We are part of the successor to a long established local accounting firm which has served its clients in Prescott for more than 35 years.
At Schutte & Hilgendorf, we engage with our clients to address their challenges and achieve their business objectives. Our accounting, audit, and tax professionals are trusted advisors to premier companies, HOAs, and individuals in the Prescott area and beyond. Our daily focus is our clients’ secure growth in increasingly complex times.
We are committed to delivering exceptional service. We are known for a straightforward personal approach and customized solutions to meet the evolving issues clients face.
We are capable, personable, and accessible. We strive to find the most efficient ways of doing things and welcome new technologies.
We service all of Yavapai County including Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey, Chino Valley, Verde Valley, Flagstaff and Sedona.
Our services include:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Tax preparation and planning
- Audits, Reviews, Compilations
- QuickBooks Startup/Consulting
- Live payroll, payroll tax preparation and filings
- Sales Taxes and filings
- Industry Specializations, including:
- Non-Profit/ 501 (c) Organizations
- Homeowners Associations
- Yellow Book and Single Audits:
- Our links