- Prescott becomes a Program City for Arizona Sales TaxJanuary 11, 20170
All Prescott and other cities’ sales taxes ...
- HAPPY NEW YEAR - Important Announcements for EmployersJanuary 10, 20170
HAPPY 2017! This letter was sent to all ...
- CITY OF PRESCOTT BUSINESS LICENSE REGISTRATION – MANDATORY AS OF 1/1/17January 5, 20170
CITY OF PRESCOTT BUSINESS LICENSE REGISTRATION – ...
- New Law "Cures" Small Employer Health Insurance DilemnaDecember 27, 20160
eTax Alert™ (Provided by Western CPE) New Law ...
- Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC)2016-2017 AICPA Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC) Committee
- Using Flexible Budgeting to Improve Sustainability MeasuresThis article creates an opportunity for CPAs in business and industry, who can use their expertise to provide the companies they work for with an appropriate characterization of the information by using flexible budgeting to improve Sustainability Measures.
- 2017 Government BriefsThis page contains the AICPA Government briefs released in 2017.
- 2016 Government BriefsThis page contains the AICPA Government briefs released in 2016.
- Business & Industry Executive Committee (BIEC)To consider global issues relating to AICPA relations with its members in business and industry, provide direction to the Business and Industry Resource Center, identify future trends and issues to be addressed, ensure proper representation of business and industry members on AICPA council, board
- CGMA Advisory Task ForceAn executive level subcommittee of GPAC that will serve as an advocate and innovator for the development, testing and support of CGMA Government products (Briefs, articles, tools, etc.) for those working in government.
- ERM Task ForceThe AICPA Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Task Force was formed to streamline current, relevant information on the AICPA website and consolidate the information in a useful, user-friendly manner for those working in Business, Industry & Government.
- Outstanding CPA in Government Awards 2016The AICPA Outstanding CPA in Government Awards recognize the achievements of individual CPAs employed in government at the local, state and federal levels. Through their accomplishments, award recipients and nominees demonstrate the importance and contribution of CPA skills and competencies to the
- 2016 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award Winner: Sam M. McCall, PhD, CPA, CGMA, CGFM, CIA, CGAP, CIG2016 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award Winner: Sam M. McCall
- 2016 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Paul Curtis, CPA2016 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Paul Curtis, CPA.
- What to Do When a Key Member of Your Team is Unexpectedly Out of the OfficeWhen a key member of your staff leaves unexpectedly, it can be a challenge to work through busy season without them. However, there are some ways to help mitigate the loss of a staff member for an extended period of time.
- Top 5 Ways to Burn Calories During Tax SeasonFinding time to take care of your physical and emotional health this tax season can be hard to do. Luckily for you, this Top 5 list shows you there are many opportunities around every corner.
- Sec. 2704 Estate Valuation Regulations Not Withdrawn Under the Regulatory Freeze Executive Order: CPAs Need to Consider Disclosure StatementsThe executive order that freezes federal regulations only withdraws regulations that were not yet published. Sec. 2704 proposed regulations are not withdrawn, but impacted CPAs may want to use a suggested disclosure statement.
- Letter from the ChairAnnette Nellen, Chair of the AICPA Tax Executive Committee, gives highlights on recent developments on the AICPA Tax Division as well as developments in its advocacy efforts.
- Executive Orders - A PrimerWith executive orders being in the spotlight recently, this article explains the authority of an executive order and highlights the impact of the ACA EO and a CPA's professional responsibilities to it.
- Tax Organizer 2013These tax organizers have been designed to assist in compiling the information needed to prepare the respective returns for 2013. The following contains many of the common income items, expenses, deductions and credits, as well as questions that determine the proper handling of these items.
- Tax Season Resources for CPAsGet a quick-reference list of all key resources for accountants to use for the tax busy season. Utilize effective tools and resources for the current filing season.
- Billing & Collection Activities: Tax Power Chat PodcastThis practice management podcast discusses billing & collection activities in your tax practice such as why some firms are moving away from the billable hour, timesheets, and value pricing.
- Using the IRS Online Payment AgreementWebpage designed to provide guidance and resources regarding the Online Payment Tool from the IRS
- Tax Section Webcast ArchivesTax Section webcasts, presentation slides, and handouts are archived and available for Tax Section members to watch on-demand (without CPE) for one year following the live event.
Schutte & Hilgendorf, a Prescott CPA firm, is a full service professional accounting firm that specializes in audit, accounting, and taxes for individuals, companies, non-profit entities, homeowner’s associations. We are part of the successor to a long established local accounting firm which has served its clients in Prescott for more than 35 years.
At Schutte & Hilgendorf, we engage with our clients to address their challenges and achieve their business objectives. Our accounting, audit, and tax professionals are trusted advisors to premier companies, HOAs, and individuals in the Prescott area and beyond. Our daily focus is our clients’ secure growth in increasingly complex times.
We are committed to delivering exceptional service. We are known for a straightforward personal approach and customized solutions to meet the evolving issues clients face.
We are capable, personable, and accessible. We strive to find the most efficient ways of doing things and welcome new technologies.
We service all of Yavapai County including Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey, Chino Valley, Verde Valley, Flagstaff and Sedona.
Our services include:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Tax preparation and planning
- Audits, Reviews, Compilations
- QuickBooks Startup/Consulting
- Live payroll, payroll tax preparation and filings
- Sales Taxes and filings
- Industry Specializations, including:
- Non-Profit/ 501 (c) Organizations
- Homeowners Associations
- Yellow Book and Single Audits:
- Our links