- FASB's New Standard Aims to Improve Not-for-Profit Financial ReportingMay 19, 20170
In August, 2016, the Financial Accounting Standards ...
- New Mandatory Sick Leave Under Prop 206 - Arizona law Effective July 1, 2017May 5, 20170
REMINDER: Check your paid-time-off policies to include ...
- IRS Small Business Tip - Employee or Independent Contractor??May 2, 20170
Issue Number: IRS Small Business Week Tax ...
- Prescott becomes a Program City for Arizona Sales TaxJanuary 11, 20170
All Prescott and other cities’ sales taxes ...
- 2017 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Local Level: Timothy M. O’Brien, CPA, CGMA, CFA2017 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Local Level: Timothy M. O’Brien, CPA, CGMA, CFA
- 2017 Government BriefsThis page contains the AICPA Government briefs released in 2017.
- Using Flexible Budgeting to Improve Sustainability MeasuresThis article creates an opportunity for CPAs in business and industry, who can use their expertise to provide the companies they work for with an appropriate characterization of the information by using flexible budgeting to improve Sustainability Measures.
- 2017 Outstanding CPA in Government AwardsThe AICPA Outstanding CPA in Government Awards recognize the achievements of individual CPAs employed in government at the local, state and federal levels. Through their accomplishments, award recipients and nominees demonstrate the importance and contribution of CPA skills and competencies to the
- 2017 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Award Winner, Jan I. Sylvis, CPA CGMA, CGFM2017 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Award Winner, Jan I. Sylvis, CPA CGMA, CGFM
- 2017 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Gloria Jarmon, CPA, CGFM2017 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Gloria Jarmon, CPA, CGFM
- Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC)2017 AICPA Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC) Committee
- Impact Award CriteriaThis section defines the Impact Award nomination criterion including the eligibility and selection process for Outstanding CPAs in Government Impact Award winners.
- Career Contribution Award CriteriaThis section defines the Career Contribution Award nomination criterion including the eligibility and selection process for the Outstanding CPAs in Government Career Contribution Award winners.
- ERM Task ForceThe AICPA Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Task Force was formed to streamline current, relevant information on the AICPA website and consolidate the information in a useful, user-friendly manner for those working in Business, Industry & Government.
- July 2017 Tax Section NewsMonthly tax news for July 2017 that includes a Letter from the AICPA Tax Executive Chair, Annette Nellen, the latest on tax reform, an update on Sec. 7345 passport legislation, and much more.
- Attorney Client Privilege and Use of Kovel Arrangements FAQsThis series of frequently asked questions (FAQs) explains several privileges and protections that are relevant to a CPA who provides tax services, including the concept of attorney-client privilege, its implication on CPAs, and the use of Kovel arrangements
- Contacting the IRS FAQswebpage providing guidance and resources on contacting the IRS
- Tax Identity Theft Information and ToolsIdentity theft is a growing area of concern for taxpayers and practitioners. The AICPA has created this page to provide members with information about preventing identity theft, including tips to provide clients, and steps to take if it occurs.
- Tax Section Webcast ArchivesTax Section webcasts, presentation slides, and handouts are archived and available for Tax Section members to watch on-demand (without CPE) for one year following the live event.
- IRS Collection Guidance and ResourcesPractitioners are likely to have clients who owe taxes to the IRS and who are unable to
- Letter from the AICPA Tax Executive Committee Chair: Embracing Uncertainties - The Reality (and Excitement) of Tax WorkThe tax world is constantly plagued with uncertainties. Temporary rules are a standard feature of federal and state tax systems, and create uncertainty as to their extension or eventual passage into permanence. Because of laws that are often vague or incomplete, we cannot always answer client
- June 2017 Tax Section NewsRead the latest on the future of tax technology from the Letter from the Director as well as the latest on PTINs and simplified portability election guidance
- Update on Sec. 7345 Passport LegislationAs part of the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act, Sec. 7345 authorizes the IRS to notify the State Department of taxpayers who owe a seriously delinquent tax debt. The IRS certification will request action for denial, revocation, or limitation of the passport
- Making Virtual Meetings a Part of Your PracticeBuilding a successful tax practice includes nurturing a strong relationship with your clients and the effective management of your staff. The foundation for a strong client relationship is engaging in effective communication that serves to draw out the relevant information you need to provide
Schutte & Hilgendorf, a Prescott CPA firm, is a full service professional accounting firm that specializes in audit, accounting, and taxes for individuals, companies, non-profit entities, homeowner’s associations. We are part of the successor to a long established local accounting firm which has served its clients in Prescott for more than 35 years.
At Schutte & Hilgendorf, we engage with our clients to address their challenges and achieve their business objectives. Our accounting, audit, and tax professionals are trusted advisors to premier companies, HOAs, and individuals in the Prescott area and beyond. Our daily focus is our clients’ secure growth in increasingly complex times.
We are committed to delivering exceptional service. We are known for a straightforward personal approach and customized solutions to meet the evolving issues clients face.
We are capable, personable, and accessible. We strive to find the most efficient ways of doing things and welcome new technologies.
We service all of Yavapai County including Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey, Chino Valley, Verde Valley, Flagstaff and Sedona.
Our services include:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Tax preparation and planning
- Audits, Reviews, Compilations
- QuickBooks Startup/Consulting
- Live payroll, payroll tax preparation and filings
- Sales Taxes and filings
- Industry Specializations, including:
- Non-Profit/ 501 (c) Organizations
- Homeowners Associations
- Yellow Book and Single Audits:
- Our links