- Business, Industry and Government Webcast SeriesSee the latest CGMA-themed webcasts offered to designation-holders at free or discounted prices.
- 2015-Government-BriefsThis page contains the AICPA Government briefs released in 2015.
- ERM ResourcesThe AICPA has numerous resources to help members learn more about ERM and share with their senior management and staff. In addition, COSO has several important resources for CPAs. Available resources are listed below. AICPA Products-
- Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC)2013-2014 AICPA Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC) Committee
- AICPA 2014 Government BriefsAICPA 2014 Government Briefs
- Outstanding CPAs in Government Past Winners2013 Impact Award - Marcia Buchanan Local Level - Alfredo Riverol State Level - Pamela Leary Federal Level - Jennifer Coleman 2012 State Level - Roger A. Norman Federal Level - John H. Fisher 2011 Local Level - John McCormac State Level -
- Outstanding CPA in Government Awards 2014The winners of the 2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award and the Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award were announced at the AICPA Governmental Accounting and Auditing Update Conference on August 11, 2014.
- 2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Ken Williams, CPA2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Kenneth Williams
- 2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Local Level: Melinda Hitz2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Local Level: Melinda Hitz
- 2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, State Level: Governor Rick Snyder, CPA2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, State Level: Governor Rick Snyder, CPA
- Millions of Taxpayer Phone Calls Went Unanswered by IRS This Tax SeasonThe number of taxpayer phone calls answered by the IRS dropped significantly during this tax season and call wait times were up.
- IRS Grants Penalty Relief to Taxpayers Who Received Incorrect Health Care FormsTo ease the filing burden for taxpayers who received late or incorrect Forms 1095-A, the IRS announced that it will provide penalty relief for taxpayers.
- Tax Power Hour Event ArchivesDon't miss a Tax Power Hour presentation! Get links to archived videos and presentation handouts up to 1 year after the original broadcast.
- Wife of Anti-Tax Author Sentenced to PrisonA taxpayer was sentenced to 18 months in prison followed by one year of supervised release after being convicted of criminal contempt for failing to file amended tax returns as ordered by a judge and for filing a false income tax return.
- 2014 Busy Season Resource PageBusy Season webpage providing quick links to tax season tools and resources for the 2014 filing season.
- Family Limited Partnerships (FLPs) AICPA and IRS ResourcesIRS Resources IRS Audit Technique Guide on Family Partnership (updated Oct. 2014) IRS Appeals Settlement Guidelines for Family Limited Partnerships and Family Limited Liability Corporations (Oct. 2006) This Oct. 2006 version is no longer available
- 07-12-2013 Tax E-AlertIn this issue ACA Reporting Delays & Resources on Tax Impact of DOMA Case and more...
- Final Regs. Provide Rules for Assessment Limitation Period for Undisclosed Listed TransactionsThe IRS issued final regulations regarding the exception to the general three-year assessment limitation period for listed transactions that a taxpayer did not disclose as required under Sec. 6011.
- Member Feature - Kevin J. Walsh, CPA, CGMAFeatured story in March Tax Section newsletter. Member feature on Kevin Walsh, CPA, CGMA.
- March Tax Power Hour DebriefTax Power Hour Debrief article for March Tax Section newsletter. The March Tax Power Hour was all about motivation. Each year, we try to focus at least one of our tax season presentations on managing or avoiding burnout. This year, we flipped the script and looked at it from the other perspective:
Schutte & Hilgendorf, a Prescott CPA firm, is a full service professional accounting firm that specializes in audit, accounting, and taxes for individuals, companies, non-profit entities, homeowner’s associations. We are part of the successor to a long established local accounting firm which has served its clients in Prescott for more than 35 years.
At Schutte & Hilgendorf, we engage with our clients to address their challenges and achieve their business objectives. Our accounting, audit, and tax professionals are trusted advisors to premier companies, HOAs, and individuals in the Prescott area and beyond. Our daily focus is our clients’ secure growth in increasingly complex times.
We are committed to delivering exceptional service. We are known for a straightforward personal approach and customized solutions to meet the evolving issues clients face.
We are capable, personable, and accessible. We strive to find the most efficient ways of doing things and welcome new technologies.
We service all of Yavapai County including Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey, Chino Valley, Verde Valley, Flagstaff and Sedona.
Our services include:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Tax preparation and planning
- Audits, Reviews, Compilations
- QuickBooks Startup/Consulting
- Live payroll, payroll tax preparation and filings
- Sales Taxes and filings
- Industry Specializations, including:
- Non-Profit/ 501 (c) Organizations
- Homeowners Associations
- Yellow Book and Single Audits:
- Our links