- Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC)2013-2014 AICPA Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC) Committee
- ERM ResourcesThe AICPA has numerous resources to help members learn more about ERM and share with their senior management and staff. In addition, COSO has several important resources for CPAs. Available resources are listed below. AICPA Products- The
- AICPA 2014 Government BriefsAICPA 2014 Government Briefs
- Outstanding CPAs in Government Past Winners2013 Impact Award - Marcia Buchanan Local Level - Alfredo Riverol State Level - Pamela Leary Federal Level - Jennifer Coleman 2012 State Level - Roger A. Norman Federal Level - John H. Fisher 2011 Local Level - John McCormac State Level -
- Outstanding CPA in Government Awards 2014The winners of the 2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award and the Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award were announced at the AICPA Governmental Accounting and Auditing Update Conference on August 11, 2014.
- 2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Ken Williams, CPA2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Kenneth Williams
- 2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Local Level: Melinda Hitz2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Local Level: Melinda Hitz
- 2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, State Level: Governor Rick Snyder, CPA2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, State Level: Governor Rick Snyder, CPA
- 2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award Winner, Randy C. Roberts, CPA, CGFM2014 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award Winner, Randy C. Roberts, CPA, CGFM
- World Congress of Accountants 2014The World Congress of Accountants (WCOA) is organized by the International Federation of Accountants and held every four years. The event gives accounting professionals the opportunity to share their views on the current issues and trends in the profession. The CGMA
- Taxpayers Who Already Filed 2014 Returns Using Incorrect Forms 1095-A Won’t Have To Pay More TaxThe Treasury Department announced on Tuesday that taxpayers do not have to file amended returns if they already filed their 2014 tax returns relying on forms sent by the government that contained incorrect information about their health coverage and any advance premium tax credit they received.
- Tangible Property Regulations (Repair Regs) Guidance and ResourcesOn Feb. 13, 2015 the IRS announced simplified procedures for final tangible property regulations with the release of Rev. Proc. 2015-20. The much anticipated relief permits small businesses to change a method of accounting under the final tangible property regulations on a prospective basis, and
- Tax Power Hour Event ArchivesReturn to Tax Power Hour page Links to event archives and handouts will remain available for one year February
- IRS Asks for Comments on Proposed Rules for High-Cost Health PlansTo prepare for the new excise tax on so-called Cadillac high-cost health insurance plans, the IRS is asking for comments on proposed approaches to creating guidance on issues involving the tax when it becomes effective in 2018.
- 2015 Tax Section Webcast ArchivesArchives of Tax Section webcasts are generally available 2 days after the original event. If the event offers a rebroadcast, the archive is not released until after the last rebroadcast date.
- Thousands Receive Incorrect Health Care Tax Forms; Signup Period ExtendedThe government announced that many taxpayers who signed up for health insurance on the site have received an incorrect Form 1095-A for 2014. It also announced an extension of time for uninsured taxpayers to sign up for insurance on the website.
- Small Businesses Won’t Have to File Form 3115 to Comply with Repair Regs.Small business taxpayers will be allowed to make certain accounting method changes under the tangible property (or “repair”) regulations without filing Form 3115, Application for Change in Accounting Method, the IRS announced.
- Employers Have More Time to Claim Work Opportunity Tax CreditThe IRS announced that it was extending the time employers that want to claim the work opportunity tax credit have to file Form 8850 for 2014 hires.
- Sec. 4980D Excise Tax Relief Is Available for Certain Small EmployersThe IRS announced transition relief from the application of the Sec. 4980D excise tax, which applies to health plans that do not meet the market reform requirements of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Hanging in During Tax SeasonFeatured Story: Hanging in During Tax Season from Troy Lewis (Chair of Tax Executive Committee)
Schutte & Hilgendorf, a Prescott CPA firm, is a full service professional accounting firm that specializes in audit, accounting, and taxes for individuals, companies, non-profit entities, homeowner’s associations. We are part of the successor to a long established local accounting firm which has served its clients in Prescott for more than 35 years.
At Schutte & Hilgendorf, we engage with our clients to address their challenges and achieve their business objectives. Our accounting, audit, and tax professionals are trusted advisors to premier companies, HOAs, and individuals in the Prescott area and beyond. Our daily focus is our clients’ secure growth in increasingly complex times.
We are committed to delivering exceptional service. We are known for a straightforward personal approach and customized solutions to meet the evolving issues clients face.
We are capable, personable, and accessible. We strive to find the most efficient ways of doing things and welcome new technologies.
We service all of Yavapai County including Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey, Chino Valley, Verde Valley, Flagstaff and Sedona.
Our services include:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Tax preparation and planning
- Audits, Reviews, Compilations
- QuickBooks Startup/Consulting
- Live payroll, payroll tax preparation and filings
- Sales Taxes and filings
- Industry Specializations, including:
- Non-Profit/ 501 (c) Organizations
- Homeowners Associations
- Yellow Book and Single Audits:
- Our links