- FASB's New Standard Aims to Improve Not-for-Profit Financial ReportingMay 19, 20170
In August, 2016, the Financial Accounting Standards ...
- New Mandatory Sick Leave Under Prop 206 - Arizona law Effective July 1, 2017May 5, 20170
REMINDER: Check your paid-time-off policies to include ...
- IRS Small Business Tip - Employee or Independent Contractor??May 2, 20170
Issue Number: IRS Small Business Week Tax ...
- Prescott becomes a Program City for Arizona Sales TaxJanuary 11, 20170
All Prescott and other cities’ sales taxes ...
- Career Contribution Award CriteriaThis section defines the Career Contribution Award nomination criterion including the eligibility and selection process for the Outstanding CPAs in Government Career Contribution Award winners.
- Impact Award CriteriaThis section defines the Impact Award nomination criterion including the eligibility and selection process for Outstanding CPAs in Government Impact Award winners.
- Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC)2017 AICPA Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC) Committee
- Americas Regions Advisory Panel (AmRAP)To consider global issues relating to AICPA relations with its members in business and industry, provide direction to the Business and Industry Resource Center, identify future trends and issues to be addressed, ensure proper representation of business and industry members on AICPA council, board
- Using Flexible Budgeting to Improve Sustainability Measures, Part IIThis article creates an opportunity for CPAs in business and industry, who can use their expertise to provide the companies they work for with an appropriate characterization of the information by using flexible budgeting to improve Sustainability Measures.
- Using Flexible Budgeting to Improve Sustainability MeasuresThis article creates an opportunity for CPAs in business and industry, who can use their expertise to provide the companies they work for with an appropriate characterization of the information by using flexible budgeting to improve Sustainability Measures.
- 2017 Government BriefsThis page contains the AICPA Government briefs released in 2017.
- The Prince's Accounting for Sustainability ProjectThe American Institute of Certified Public Accountants is a member of the Accounting Bodies Network, established by The Prince’s Accounting for Sustainability Project (A4S) to bring together the largest accounting bodies from across the globe, to help minimize the
- E&Y- Seven Things CEOs and Boards Should Ask About Triple-Bottom-Line ReportingLink to Seven Things to Ask This E&Y paper provides a summary of the major issues a company’s CEO and Board should discuss when considering sustainability or “triple-bottom-line” reporting for the first time. The report is framed around the following seven
- 2016 Government BriefsThis page contains the AICPA Government briefs released in 2016.
- Tax Identity Theft Information and ToolsIdentity theft is a growing area of concern for taxpayers and practitioners. The AICPA has created this page to provide members with information about preventing identity theft, including tips to provide clients, and steps to take if it occurs.
- Tax Research Information and ToolsTax practitioners provide tax advice to clients on a continuing basis and should be familiar with the applicable standards for providing such advice, including Circular 230, the AICPA’s Code of Professional Conduct, and the AICPA’s Statements on Standards for Tax Services (SSTSs). CPAs need to keep
- IRS Collection Guidance and ResourcesPractitioners are likely to have clients who owe taxes to the IRS and who are unable to
- Member Spotlight - Arthur "Kip" DellingerKip Dellinger is a current member of the AICPA Tax Executive Committee, and is by no means a rookie volunteer in the Tax Division. I have had the great pleasure of working with him on a variety of tax ethics matters both in an official volunteer capacity as well as outside of
- How to Avoid the "Why is My Bill So High" Phone Call from ClientsIf you have been involved in billing at any level, you have gotten a phone call from a client who is asking: “why is my bill so high ?” I know there have been times when I held my breath as I answered the phone right around the time I knew a client received my […]
- Tax Reform: Reality or Wishful Thinking?In December, I thought there was a very good likelihood that a fundamental tax reform bill might be passed before tax busy season was finished. Good thing I’m not a betting man. Tax reform is far from dead this year, but it’s probably further from reality than I originally thought. The odds of
- Up in Smoke? Tax Services for Marijuana-Affiliated BusinessesIf you prepare taxes for clients in any of the majority of states or jurisdictions that now permit some form of legal use or distribution of marijuana, you are likely aware that the federal ban on this drug poses a conflict. The risks can be great.
- March 2017 Tax Section NewsIRS Tax Scams; Vacation Just Around the Corner
- Movement on Repeal of both 1099sThe committee action, which also made changes to a tax credit enacted in the health care reform law, follows advocacy by AICPA and others to reduce a significant burden on taxpayers.
- Tax Professional Success Stories - PodcastsProminent CPAs provide success stories from their careers as tax accountants. They discuss how they became successful, challenges they have faced, and opportunities in the profession.
Schutte & Hilgendorf, a Prescott CPA firm, is a full service professional accounting firm that specializes in audit, accounting, and taxes for individuals, companies, non-profit entities, homeowner’s associations. We are part of the successor to a long established local accounting firm which has served its clients in Prescott for more than 35 years.
At Schutte & Hilgendorf, we engage with our clients to address their challenges and achieve their business objectives. Our accounting, audit, and tax professionals are trusted advisors to premier companies, HOAs, and individuals in the Prescott area and beyond. Our daily focus is our clients’ secure growth in increasingly complex times.
We are committed to delivering exceptional service. We are known for a straightforward personal approach and customized solutions to meet the evolving issues clients face.
We are capable, personable, and accessible. We strive to find the most efficient ways of doing things and welcome new technologies.
We service all of Yavapai County including Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey, Chino Valley, Verde Valley, Flagstaff and Sedona.
Our services include:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Tax preparation and planning
- Audits, Reviews, Compilations
- QuickBooks Startup/Consulting
- Live payroll, payroll tax preparation and filings
- Sales Taxes and filings
- Industry Specializations, including:
- Non-Profit/ 501 (c) Organizations
- Homeowners Associations
- Yellow Book and Single Audits:
- Our links