- IRS Tax Tips: Premium Tax Credit Checkup for your 2016 Health Insurance Marketplace CoverageJuly 18, 20160
If you or anyone in your family ...
- 2016 Government BriefsThis page contains the AICPA Government briefs released in 2016.
- 2016 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Paul Curtis, CPA2016 Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award Winner, Federal Level: Paul Curtis, CPA.
- 2016 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award Winner: Sam M. McCall, PhD, CPA, CGMA, CGFM, CIA, CGAP, CIG2016 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award Winner: Sam M. McCall
- Outstanding CPA in Government Awards 2016The AICPA Outstanding CPA in Government Awards recognize the achievements of individual CPAs employed in government at the local, state and federal levels. Through their accomplishments, award recipients and nominees demonstrate the importance and contribution of CPA skills and competencies to the
- Outstanding CPA in Government Awards 2015The winners of the 2015 Outstanding CPA in Government Career Contribution Award and the Outstanding CPA in Government Impact Award were announced at the AICPA Governmental Accounting and Auditing Update Conference on August 10, 2015. The Outstanding CPA in Government Career
- Impact Award CriteriaThis section defines the Impact Award nomination criterion including the eligibility and selection process for Outstanding CPAs in Government Impact Award winners.
- Career Contribution Award CriteriaThis section defines the Career Contribution Award nomination criterion including the eligibility and selection process for the Outstanding CPAs in Government Career Contribution Award winners.
- Business & Industry Executive Committee (BIEC)To consider global issues relating to AICPA relations with its members in business and industry, provide direction to the Business and Industry Resource Center, identify future trends and issues to be addressed, ensure proper representation of business and industry members on AICPA council, board
- Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC)2015-2016 AICPA Government Performance and Accountability Committee (GPAC) Committee
- Outstanding CPA in Government 2011The winners of the Outstanding CPA in Government 2011 award were John McCormac, local level, Pamela Sharp, state level, and Jeanette Franzel, federal level.
- Career Opportunities for CPAs in TaxI walked into the first room and was met with blank stares, that is by those who were actually looking my direction and not punching someone under the table or braiding their neighbor’s hair. Despite my advance planning and dynamic PowerPoint presentation, I was having trouble reaching this
- Capital Tax UpdateIn August, it’s so quiet in Washington, you could hear a bill drop. That is, if Congress were here. However, the IRS and AICPA are still in town and keeping busy; here’s a roundup of things you want to know.
- Tax Ethics & Professional Standards GuidanceAll AICPA members are subject to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, including all general and technical standards. There are several provisions in the Code of Professional Conduct that may be of particular interest to a member’s tax practice, including: Rule 101 – Independence, Interpretation
- Section 2704 Valuation Regulations – How Will It Impact Your Clients?Despite the long-held belief in tax planning circles that the above is true, the IRS recently proposed regulations that, according to Mark Mazur, assistant secretary for tax policy at the Treasury Department, “will close a tax loophole that certain taxpayers have long used to understate the fair
- Problems Obtaining Transcripts In Lieu of an Estate Tax Closing LetterLast year, the IRS announced that it will no longer automatically issue an estate tax closing letter; instead, taxpayers must request one. The IRS has suggested that an acceptable substitute may be an account transcript with the transaction code 421, Closed examination of tax return, which notes
- Tax Section Webcast ArchivesTax Section webcasts, presentation slides, and handouts are archived and available for Tax Section members to watch on-demand (without CPE) for one year following the live event.
- Free CPE Events Exclusively for Tax Section Members; Register Today!The AICPA's Tax Section would like to express its sincere gratitude for your membership and commitment to the CPA profession. To demonstrate our appreciation, we invite you to join us on our upcoming Tax Practice Quarterly webcast series - a series focused on helping you run an efficient and
- Tax Identity Theft Information and ToolsIdentity theft is a growing area of concern for taxpayers and practitioners. The AICPA has created this page to provide members with information about preventing identity theft, including tips to provide clients, and steps to take if it occurs.
- Brexit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) & Answers for Tax ProfessionalsThe UK vote to leave the EU, may have major implications for clients and tax practitioners. Here are answers to help address the most common questions raised by BREXIT.
- Member Spotlight: Lisa C. Germano, CPA, CGMA, JDLisa C. Germano, JD, CGMA, CPA, has served as a Tax Division Volunteer for over 25 years. She has been a member of the AICPA Tax Executive Committee and the Employee Benefits Taxation Committee, as well as several task forces on topics specific to employee benefits. In 2015, she was awarded the
Schutte & Hilgendorf, a Prescott CPA firm, is a full service professional accounting firm that specializes in audit, accounting, and taxes for individuals, companies, non-profit entities, homeowner’s associations. We are part of the successor to a long established local accounting firm which has served its clients in Prescott for more than 35 years.
At Schutte & Hilgendorf, we engage with our clients to address their challenges and achieve their business objectives. Our accounting, audit, and tax professionals are trusted advisors to premier companies, HOAs, and individuals in the Prescott area and beyond. Our daily focus is our clients’ secure growth in increasingly complex times.
We are committed to delivering exceptional service. We are known for a straightforward personal approach and customized solutions to meet the evolving issues clients face.
We are capable, personable, and accessible. We strive to find the most efficient ways of doing things and welcome new technologies.
We service all of Yavapai County including Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey, Chino Valley, Verde Valley, Flagstaff and Sedona.
Our services include:
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Tax preparation and planning
- Audits, Reviews, Compilations
- QuickBooks Startup/Consulting
- Live payroll, payroll tax preparation and filings
- Sales Taxes and filings
- Industry Specializations, including:
- Non-Profit/ 501 (c) Organizations
- Homeowners Associations
- Yellow Book and Single Audits:
- Our links