Taxpayers are encouraged to e-file forms this year, whenever possible, because of COVID-19. To protect the health of taxpayers and tax professionals, the IRS is temporarily allowing the use of digital signatures on some tax forms that can’t be filed electronically.
This will help reduce in-person contact and lessen the risk to taxpayers and tax professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic. It will also allow people to work remotely and file forms on time.
Here is a list of additional forms that can be submitted with digital signatures, if they’re mailed by Thursday, Dec. 31, 2020.
- Form 3115, Application for Change in Accounting Method
- Form 8832, Entity Classification Election
- Form 8802, Application for U.S. Residency Certification
- Form 1066, U.S. Income Tax Return for Real Estate Mortgage Investment Conduit
- Form 1120-RIC, U.S. Income Tax Return for Regulated Investment Companies
- Form 1120-C, U.S. Income Tax Return for Cooperative Associations
- Form 1120-REIT, U.S. Income Tax Return for Real Estate Investment Trusts
- Form 1120-L, U.S. Life Insurance Company Income Tax Return
- Form 1120-PC, U.S. Property and Casualty Insurance Company Income Tax Return
- Form 8453 series, Form 8878 series, and Form 8879 series regarding IRS e-file Signature Authorization Forms
There’s no specific digital signature product tax professionals are required to use to e-file these forms.
Schutte & Hilgendorf offers a broad range of professional accounting, tax, and audit services to individuals and businesses throughout Yavapai County and Northern Arizona. With over 40 years combined certified public accounting experience, we specialize in providing services to numerous industry specific areas, including non-profit organizations, homeowner’s associations and construction contracting. We also provide tax planning and preparation, sales tax and payroll tax return preparation, ongoing accounting/bookkeeping, live payroll, and QuickBooks setup and training (QuickBooks Proadvisors). Given our small size, we can still provide a personal touch with professional expertise. Come in and see us anytime at 2086 Willow Creek Road, Prescott, Arizona or call us at 928-778-0079.